Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Card for the Troops


Sometimes our children inspire us. One of my kids gives the most amazing prayers. Every night he prays these detailed well thought out prayers for the troops fighting for our freedom in Iraq. It's amazing how your children can affect your thoughts and prayers! So after last nights very moving prayer by my 9 year old I felt inspired and almost obsessed to create this card. It is made for a friend who has faithfully served our country in Iraq twice in the last four years. He just came home a week ago and I wanted to let him know how much we appreciate him and the sacrifices he and his family have made. He has left his wife and children for 2 of the last 4 years to protect our liberty. For that I salute him! This stamp set is appropriately named "The Free & The Brave". I used Pacific Point blue, Basic Black, Summer Sun, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White Cardstock. I also stamped the Sanded background onto the Pacific Point Blue card base. Don't you LOVE the star brads? They are in our Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware. The colors were inspired by Kristina Werner and her color challenge shown below:
The Free & The Brave (114962) 21.95 Page 31
Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware (111325) 29.95 Page 175

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous card, DJ! Probably my fav that you've done, really!
Be in touch, ok?

Alex said...

Beautiful card Denise!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex